Lilacs & Silver. . .

This morning I went galavanting for a couple hours with my sister, Jeanne.  Along the way I searched for yard sale signs, but much to my disappointment none were to be found.

We did however stop by the D.I. (thrift) and I picked up a few items.

As I was driving along I kept seeing so many gorgeous lilacs.  I wanted so badly to have a bundle to play with.  Don’t you love playing with flowers?

Knowing that my Lilacs are still in bud I called my dil and asked her if I could stop by and pick a few.  She and my son bought our previous home.  She was very obliging and had the clippers in hand when I rang the door.

Isn’t it funny how you manage to pick ‘just the right amount’ for the container you have in mind?

IMG_0787

I have had this hotel silver pitcher for a few years.  It was a yard sale find.  Are you impressed that I knew it was ‘hotel silver’?  Ha, ha, I must confess that I just learned that this week after visiting Laura at  Sunday View.  What is hotel silver?  Heavy silver made to withstand lots of use.  This puppy definitely is heavy.

IMG_0786

After using every last branch  I staged it in a couple places.

The rock wall.

IMG_0788

My white garden bench.

IMG_0789

As much as I loved it outdoors, I had to bring it in to enjoy the heavenly scent!

IMG_0790

Now I have to show you the blooms on their tree Peony.  It had more blooms than ever before.

IMG_0353

I had Samantha hold her hand by it so you can see how large they really are.

IMG_0354

Is that not gorgeous?

Now, one last thing.  I have found a new weight loss program that many of you are going to love!  Did you know that going to yard sales can help you lose weight?

I just discovered this recently myself.  A few weeks ago my friends and I went to a yard sale in St. George where I snagged this wicker table for $3.  I asked one of them to take a picture of me for instagram so my family could see what I was up to.

IMG_0344

Afterwards we all checked out the photo and they exclaimed, “Oh my gosh, you look so skinny!”  lol!  So there you have it going to yard sales helps you lose weight.  Or maybe you just need to carry a wicker table around. Hee-hee!  The truth is I think it’s just because you can’t see my big tush.

What have you bought that has helped you lose weight lately?

hugs,

Jann

p.s.  Big thanks to Victoria for featuring my  Weekend (Wonder)fuls at her new party, Mid Century Café.  Hop over and link up your vintage items.  She would be so happy to have you!

I will be sharing with:

Rose Chintz Cottage for Home

Tootsie Time for Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Vintage View Sunday

A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

The Scoop

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Party

37 comments

Bernideen said...

You look great! I love the photo of the lilacs on the white wrought iron bench!

Nancy said...

Wow, you do look skinny. And you didn't even have to stand with your legs in that awkward crossed position, like you have to go to the bathroom really bad. ;)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Oh my I need to yard sale more if it takes off pounds! I thought it was just FUN! The neighbors were complaining about our lilac tree hanging over on their property so we cut it to the ground. We have done that before and it grows back even better next year.

Susie said...

Wow Jann, I can't believe how big that peony bloom is . I like the old pitcher with the lilacs. So pretty. Where can I get me one of those wicker tables. LOL...You look good. xoxo,Susie

Stephanie said...

Beautiful picture, Jann :) Your lilacs are gorgeous and I can almost smells their sweet fragrance. And the peony is gorgeous! Mine are barely peeking up out of the ground.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs to you!

Pamela Gordon said...

You look great Jann! The lilacs and tree peonies are beautiful. Have a great weekend! Pam

The French Hutch said...

Hi Jann, Wow you look great, what’s your WL secret? Love you container, love it! The lilacs are gorgeous and look so pretty everywhere you tried them. I can’t get over the size of those Peony blooms! Hope your weekend is off to a good start.

~Emily
The French Hutch

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the lilacs in the silver pitcher...so pretty!! The peony is very pretty too! I had them in my yard at our last home many years ago.
I think I'd go to yard sales all the time if it would make me lose some weight. Well...I would love to go all the time even if it didn't work. LOL...
hugs,
Cindy

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

What an enjoyable read...I have lilacs on the dining room table right now. Must take some photos of them before they drop their petals.

Sue xo

Unknown said...

Gorgeous lilacs and peonies! I bet they smell delightful. I haven't found anything recently that helped me lose weight, but since you let us in on this, I'm going to start looking!! Great pix of you!

21 Wits said...

What lovely flowers, I really hope my lilacs come up this year, but I'm thinking they aren't going to make it!

Nell at njschout said...

That peony is huge and I can just smell the lilacs!

priscilla said...

Beautiful Lilacs and peonies ! You look great Jann :)

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Beautiful flowers! I can just imagine how good they smell! So pretty in that pitcher! I am off to garage sale right now....however...NO ONE will call me skinny. :) ave a wonderful weekend!

Cynthia said...

Jann, you look great and love that wicker table. Plan on painting it? Those lilacs are so beautiful in that gorgeous pitcher. I love all the lilacs I have been seeing lately. I think we may have to plant one in our new home when we finally build it! Have a great weekend.

Cynthia

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The Lilacs are gorgeous! They don't grow well here in the south. You do look fabulous in that photo! i guess I need to do more junkin cause I sure do need to lose weight!

hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those peonies look amazing WOW. I can totally relate with the lilacs, I've been tempted to take my clippers with me on my morning walk, love how you paired them with the silver. I also want to let you know ho much I enjoy reading your blog, its so uplifting and inspiring.

Rose L said...

I bet the lilacs smelled dreamy! Love the wicker!

Winnie said...

I love lilacs, especially their elegant color, and you look very happy Jann :)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You look adorable and no fat tush!! I can just about smell those heavenly lilacs. I miss those from living in PA, Ohio and MI. I've never seen any in Texas :-(
So nice that you found some bargains. I went to our local Trade Days and came away with a big fat zero!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous flowers! The Lilacs on the white bench is my favorite! Maybe I need to do more yard saling =)

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'd love to comment but I have to head out to every yard sale I can find before bathing suit season! lol

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Okay if garage saling is a good weight lost program and I could get the same reaction I should start hitting everyone I can find. Love the hotel silver pitcher with the Lilacs in it. The peony is lovely also.
Denise

sweetbriardreams said...

I think I'll start searching out for yard sales around here and the pounds will be shed in both weight and monetary! I love the colours of the lilacs against the silver, and you are right, inside you can appreciate their heady scent. Have a great week. Chel x

Tea in the Library said...

Great picture of you. I've been looking for a chance to say 'Hotel Silver' ever since I read the Sunday View post on it!!! The lilacs are incredible - much larger than those in my back yard. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday - See you at SYC!

Robyn said...

I think you look wonderful! And those Lilacs in that Can are just beautiful! I can only imagine how they must smell..

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I agree yard-saling is very good to stay thin! Your lilac are gorgeous.

Laura Turner said...

Your lilacs and peonies are just gorgeous! And of course, I love your hotel silver pitcher. I would like to know which hotel it came from? Your weight loss purchase is a crackup. I think the only thing that would help me right now is PhotoShop! lol!
Thanks for linking up with Vintage View Sunday.

Laura

Kris said...

I love lilacs! They grow wild all around the mountains, and they smell so good!!!
I have been looking for a white wicker table like that to go with my wicker I redid for the back patio. I love the thrill of the hunt, and will enjoy looking for it!! You scored big time!
You look adorable, and skinny, and darling, and young!!!
xo Kris

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Great post , filled with so many beautiful things but the prettiest is by far, YOU!!! You do look skinny!! Good for you , girl! Sign me up for that yard sale diet, will ya? LOL!!

Hugs,
Deb

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

The yard sale diet really works; you look fabulous, Jann! Love your peony and I adore your lilacs on the white bench! Thank you for sharing at my HOME and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

The Farmers Daughter said...

Just beautiful, Jann! My lilacs are just a stick in the ground right now. Maybe next year?
Hugs,
Dru

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Very elegant and romantic setting and you look great.
Beautiful shots.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Greetings from Singapore...

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your flowers are gorgeous and I love the silver pitcher, so beautiful on the iron bench. Gorgeous pictures. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Old Time Cindy said...

Those lilacs in that pitcher look 'so me'!!! Love that look! I planted lilac bushes this spring in hopes of having cuttings in a few years.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Stacey said...

Oh your lilacs are beautiful!

You do look skinny. Wicker or not. :)

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Saw your blog featured over at Sandi's HOME party. Those white and purple lilacs on that wrought iron settee definitely got my attention! Just beautiful! Gina

Instagram