Forget Me Nots. . .

Hello my friends,
 

This morning I was rummaging through one of the boxes that I had brought home from the estate I am helping with.
 
 I came across a couple of old "forget me not" postcards.

 
Just the name, is enough to make anyone fall in love.  After all, who doesn't want to be remembered?
 
 
A few years ago one of the leaders of the LDS church,
Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave a wonderful talk titled,
"Forget Me Not"
 
 
It was sweet and simple and straight to the point.
 
Even though you may not be of the LDS faith, the things he brought out can do all of us some good.  I'll be sharing just a bit along with some images of beautiful forget me nots.




First, forget not to be patient with yourself
 
"Dear sisters, many of you are endlessly compassionate and patient with the weaknesses of others. Please remember also to be compassionate and patient with yourself."
 
(I love this sweet postcard!  The oval shape reminds me of a mirror looking back
at me reminding me not to forget how important I am!)
 
 
Second, forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.
 
"An acceptable sacrifice is when we give up something good for something of far greater worth."
 
(it's obvious to me that this gentleman is willing to sacrifice some of his time for this sweet lady.  Surely he will not forget!)
 
 
Third, forget not to be happy now.
 
"So many people today are waiting for their own golden ticket—the ticket that they believe holds the key to the happiness they have always dreamed about. For some, the golden ticket may be a perfect marriage; for others, a magazine-cover home or perhaps freedom from stress or worry."
 
"The lesson here is that if we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us."
 
This is a biggie!  We sing a song in church that one of the lines says, "there is no tomorrow, there's only today".
 
(sweet forget me nots blooming in my garden.  I'm just catching the tail end of the blooms. This plant is actually Brunerra, the blooms are the same as forget me nots.)
 
 
 
 Fourth, forget not the “why” of the gospel
 
"Let us not walk the path of discipleship with our eyes on the ground, thinking only of the tasks and obligations before us. Let us not walk unaware of the beauty of the glorious earthly and spiritual landscapes that surround us."
 
(This photo was taken last May.  Crazy that the plants bloomed so much earlier this year.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fifth, forget not that the Lord loves you
 
"God loves you because you are His child. He loves you even though at times you may feel lonely or make mistakes."
 
What a wonderful world this would be if everyone
remembered this!
 
We recently had our General Conference where we heard from the leaders of the church.  President Uchtordf's talk was once again one of my favorites.  He always touches my heart.
 
Plus, he's pretty easy on the eyes!  lol!
 
 
If you would like to read the entire talk I have included the link
Forget Me Nots

I will be sharing with these fun parties:
Vintage Charm
 

13 comments

Jeanie said...

I've always believed the real golden ticket is in our hands already -- or maybe it is in our hearts. If we lose the golden ticket, we never find the end goal. The hard part is hanging onto it when things are really tough.

This is a wonderful post, Jann. Beautiful words and I love the illustrations. (And this reminds me -- I need to visit my Easter postcard collection before it is past Easter! I might find some centerpiece ideas there!)

A beautiful Easter to you, my friend.

Creations By Cindy said...

I have truly enjoyed reading this today dear friend. Such wonderful meaning to the FORGET NOT! And yes....he is indeed easy on the eyes. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

lovely pictures and lovely words about life and love and memories.

Daniela said...

I loved this post of yours so much, darling Jann, thank you for sharing !

Wishing you a blessed Easter,
filled with love and peace for you and yours

XOXO Dany

Susie said...

Jann, I loved all the sweet words. Your yard and home are always nice to see...I love your decorations. Honestly girl, I had to laugh about the handsome preacher. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

20 North Ora said...

Jann - Very precious thoughts. I'll always think of them when I see Forget Me Nots. Thanks for sharing.

Judy

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours a Blessed Holy Week and a Joyous Easter.
Joan,Marion and Marilyn

Louca por porcelana said...

Both beautiful,message and flowers!Thanks for sharing...Maristella.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love the Forget Me Not pictures and the encouraging words too! I hope my Forget Me Not's don't forget to bloom this year! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh what a beautiful post Jann, thank you so much. Love those Forget Me Nots, such pretty little flowers.

Wishing you and yours a very Blessed Happy Easter.

Hugs,
Mary

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

This is a wonderful reminder to us all, Jann. Forget Me Not's are one of my favorite flowers and yet I don't have any in our yard. I guess I better remedy that this year. Happy Easter!

Art and Sand said...

I think I need to plant Forget Me Nots.

And, those vintage cards are lovely.

My thrift store addiction said...

Your forget-me-nots are great reminders and the real ones are just so pretty! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinned!

Instagram