Afternoon Tea with some of my new found treasrues. . .

Hello my friends,
as many of you may know, Spring weather in Utah is very unpredictable.
 
Yesterday I was in the garden and this morning we woke up to this.
 
 
I teased on fb and said that I wondered if this snow on my weeping crabapple made it a bit crabby?  : )
Well, no worries.  It's 2:30 in the afternoon and the 3-4 inches of freshly fallen snow is all but melted.  Nothing but a good drink for
 my spring garden!
 
After church I walked into our entry and noticed the beautiful sun shining in.  Perfect place to set up an afternoon tea.
 
And while I'm at it, why not share a few of my new found treasures.  Each time I go get another load from the estate I am helping with I can't resist buying a few things.
 
 
It's like Christmas all over again each time we open and unwrap a box.  Imagine my delight when I saw this Miss Prim teapot!
 
How could I resist this sweet kitty face?
 
 
And did you notice the gorgeous Crinoline dishes?  Last Wednesday, My friend Dolly and I had worked hard all day.  Going through boxes in the garage, the basement, and one of the bedrooms.  Up and down stairs, pulling wagons full of boxes
 and loading my car.  So when we unwrapped a service for 8 of these pink beauties we decided that we just had to each take a set of 4.  I found the aqua plate the same time that I found Miss Prim. 

 
Strawberries and yogurt along with a piece of banana cake.  Delicious accompaniment for my afternoon tea.
 
 
 
The table is draped with  a darling vintage quilt.  I found this at a different estate sale last year.
 
 
 
The wooden folding chair was a thrift find a couple years ago.  I painted it yellow and have used it on my porch a few times.  Being outside is what has given it it's chippy charm.
 
 
A couple weeks ago I was driving home from the grocers when I spied a yard sale sign.  I came home with this small milk glass pitcher for $1.  The Hellebores, (lenton rose) were picked from my garden 2 weeks ago.  They still look pretty, but originally they were mostly pink.  Now they have faded to green.
 
 
 
This is what they looked like when freshly picked.
 
 
My aqua door purchased from Décor Steals makes a cute backdrop.  The floral plaques are vintage chalkware.  Snagged at a thrift shop.  The color was coming off on the edges in places.  But I wiped them all over with brown glaze and they look good as new.
 

 
 
 

This cherries and cream tea is caffeine free and so yummy!  I bought it in Orange, CA last fall.
 

 
 
 
  
I hope you enjoyed afternoon tea with Little Prim and me!
 
 
 
hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Vintage Charm
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Monday Social

24 comments

NanaDiana said...

What a fun tea, Jann. Love the kitty cat teapot. My friend that I helped with her house had a whole set of those crinoline dishes that she parted with. I thought they were so pretty but did not DARE bring another set of dishes into this house.
Everything looks sweet and lovely.
Hope you have a great week- xo Diana

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jann, What fun it must be to go through all those treasures packed away! I have so many tubs myself filled with things that I can bring out and use once in awhile. But your sweet treasures are lovely!
You work very hard to keep your post filled with pretties.
And yes, I think that crab tree loved the moisture!
Hugs, Roxy

Louca por porcelana said...

What a happy and colorful afternoon tea!Love your tablecloth and teapot!The dishes are so pretty!Hugs,Maristella.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, Jann - what a lovely (and so cute) teatime.

I am smiling from ear to ear reading about this.

Your new treasures are awesome!!!!

Salmagundi said...

Love the pink crinoline dishes with the green checked plates. Can hardly wait to see the next estate sale. I know how much work you're doing --- several years ago I helped a friend with a similar estate sale, and it took us everyday working for 6 weeks. The treasures were worth the work!!

Karie said...

Oh my goodness what beauties. And that little tea pot is precious. What wonderful treasures.

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good afternoon Jan, my word you have a wonderful 'eye' as you have found some wonderful pre-loved items. I especially love the crinoline plates as they are so unusual. Like you I love finding treasures which someone else has loved, I often wonder about the history and about the person who loved them before I owned them. If only the treasures could talk, imagine what we would find out.
Happy treasure hunting.
Best Wishes
Daphne

Jeanie said...

This is just enchanting. I love your ruffled china and it is so happy. Most of all I love that sweet table with the yellow chair and quilted top. I'd be delighted to join you for tea!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

It seems the snow we had last week made it out west to you. Leave it to you to see the bright side and you are right...it is a great drink for your gardens! I am totally in love with your Miss Prim teapot. She is a keeper and I would have grabbed her too. I just love the dishes. I would be grabbing everything from that sale! What a house of treasures. I envy you all the fun you are having going through the stuff even though I do know it is a lot of hard work. You are full of energy though so perfect for the task! Loved being part of your tea party and seeing all of your sweet finds :-)

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Lovely as ever Jann. You have the best eye for spotting such darling finds. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! Enjoy!
xoxo Jo

Rose L said...

I LOVE the kitty tea pot!!!! Never have seen one like it! Orange, CA! I once lived and worked there. I worked at the library close to the "Orange circle", where they used to race carriages! There used to be lots of antique dealers shops there and there were auctions each week! Years ago when they had the city bicentennial celebration I helped with the displays for the event.

Sandi Magle said...

I love all your bright spring colors. So cheerful. We had horrid hail last night, so I can empathize. Cute post despite the screwy Midwest weather, Sandi

happyone said...

We have that kind of weather too.
You found some delightful treasures.

My thrift store addiction said...

Well what a fun way to deal with lingering winter weather! I adore Crinoline and am featuring your darling tea party at Thursday's Vintage Charm party!

Art and Sand said...

You are seeing so many treasures with the estate sale.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Colorado has the same unpredictable spring weather, but the snow uis always welcomes as it brings moisture. LOVE the Miss Prim teapot--I would not be able to resist taking that home with me.

Have a very Happy and blessed Easter!

The Charm of Home said...

Jann, What a great teapot! It is adorable with that quilt. Thanks for sharing and Happy Easter!

Handmade in Israel said...

Wow! Snow! We are already into summer weather here. Love your yard sale finds. I wish we had those sales over here. I am sure they are great fun!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my mercy Jann, what a wonderful tea! I love the teapot. How stinking cute! I cannot believe you had snow the next morning. But how pretty it looks in your picture. Happy Easter to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

You're making me hungry, Jann! Love those ruffled dishes, they are so cute!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my goodness, I'm loving all your cute finds, Jann! That teapot is adorable, and so are the dishes. Isn't the quilt darling, too??!! It has almost a puffy look to it...so charming!

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Thank you dear Jann for the feature! So many wonderful ideas here!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

So pretty, Jann! I love how all of the colors just "sing" together! Happy Easter to you and yours.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What a lovely little tea party! That teapot is so fun!

Instagram