Now is the Time. . .New Years Mantle

Every year about this time I get a little nostalgic looking back and reviewing the ups and downs of the passing year.
 
Like most of you there were many good things and a few not so good thrown in here and there.
 
I decided that now is the time. . .to thank all of you that have inspired me over the years.
 
DSC00740
 
And to thank you wonderful people that leave such lovely comments that bring a smile to my face.
 
DSC00745
 
There are so many fabulous blogs and I am amazed that you still take the time to visit me!!
 
And inspiration, well I just marvel at so many of you. . .too many to mention in fact.
But today I am mentioning two because when I was contemplating what I wanted to do for my New Years mantel I remembered that I had pinned a couple of images last year that I loved.
 
One was from Debra at  Common Ground and the other was from Thoughts from Alice.
 
So I combined the two and then added my own twist.
 
DSC00747
 
I picked up this large frame quite a while ago at a thrift shop.  It had a gold frame.  Not being a lover of gold, (I know that gold is hot right now), but still not a lover.
 
Anyhow, I painted it white and then sanded it for a touch of rustic charm.
 
DSC00749
 
I left the inside the natural wood because it says, Bull Durham at the top and Smoking Tobacco at the bottom.  Granted, it’s hard to see; but still I thought it was kind of cool.  Wondering if the frame once held old advertisement.
 
DSC00748
 
I printed some clock graphics from my Print Outs  Pinterest board and had fun with German glass, bronze, and silver glitter.
 
clock images
 
DSC00753
 
Perfect addition for my New Years tree!
 
I hung a few snowflakes amongst the clock images.
 
I didn’t have any oasis to hold the branches up so they are just stuck in the urn.  Thinking I might pick some up.
 
DSC00744
 
I pulled out my vintage clock collection and added this darling book with a snowflake.  A gift from my friend, Dolly.
 
DSC00746
 
Oh, and of course we had to have a little bell to ring in the New Year.  A recent thrift shop find.
 
DSC00757
 
 
This was a fun mantel to put together and it will hold me until I start pulling out Valentines décor.
 
DSC00758
 
Wishing you all a very Happy and Blessed New Year!
 
hugs,
Jann
  .
This post was featured at Bella Rosa Antiques for Let's Talk Vintage.  A big thanks!


I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Bella Rosa Antiques for Let's Talk Vintage
Vintage Inspiration Party

27 comments

Bernideen said...

That is so darling! Great job - super cute!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Your mantel looks so pretty Jann! Wishing you a Happy New Year!
Hugs, Julie

Kris said...

Really fun Jann! Happy New Year to you and yours!
XO Kris

Art and Sand said...

Your mantel looks great - love the Bull Durham.

We are hosting part of New Year's Eve on our lane and the theme is black & white so I have a black & white mantel. I have to go out today to find fabric for a table runner - hope I can find black with white polka dots.

Thank you for all you have done for me this year. I enjoyed being a part of the Creating Christmas blog party. I need challenges like that to push my creativity.

Happy New Year

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, what a cute idea--love it! Blessings to you and your family in 2015, Cecilia

sweetbriardreams said...

This is such a great idea to bring the New Year in! Time has certainly gone quickly this year. Have a very Happy New Year and I am looking forward to reading more in 2015 x

Junkchiccottage said...

Perfect Jann and so sweet. Love your New Year's Mantel. Happy 2015 to you.
Kris

Tamara said...

I just love your creativity! it's all wonderful. Thank you for sharing and Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Tamara

decorayadora said...

Hola ajan querida ! Que lindo trabajo,,,espero que este otro año llegue lleno de bendiciones para ti y tus seres queridos
Cariños ,

angie said...

dear jann, a wonderful new year wishes angie from Germany

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You've decorated a fun New Year's mantel, Jann! I love the old frame you found and decorated with your book page bunting! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

SO SWEET! I'm in love with your mantle dear Jann. Blessings to you in 2015.
Patti

One More Time Events said...

Cute I dea.... Happy New Year!

RoseyGirl said...

Happy New Year Jann, wishing you the best always. I love all your pretty things on your mantle. You have such great talent. The frame is really nice. The Bull Durham, and the smoking tobacco words, just wondering about what that means. You said maybe once an advertisement, may be so. I'm from NC, and in Durham, NC, we have the college , Duke University. The baseball park, there's a big sign made in the shape of a bull, at the arena on or near the score board. Also, the smoking tobacco part may have something to do with the JR Reynolds tobacco company that's in Durham NC, which has closed, and named something else. You may already know these things, I was just wondering if it was an advertisement. That's an awesome frame though. Sorry for the long comment, just made me think about the Durham Bulls. Again, wishing you a wonderful New Year, xo

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Love love your mantle. I just finished redoing my mantle and sat down for a rest and was checking my emails and saw your post on a new years mantle! How funny is that? LOL
You inspire me. Jo

HWIT BLOGG said...

Yes, let´s hope for a happy and fantastic 2015! What a lovely post you show us...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Warm hug,
Titti

Bernideen said...

I am in the Facebook group "Afternoon Tea Across America". I shared your link because someone was looking for an idea for a January tea room theme. You inspired me so I did a link to you suggesting It's Time For Tea!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Happy New Years Jann! I love your mantle...Wow..I still have not even removed my Christmas decor....You are way ahead of most of us!!!

Carol

Rose L said...

Leave it to you to have a New Years mantle!!! Lovely!

Linda said...

What a great mantle! Happy, happy New Year!
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love your mantel, especially that fabulous frame. Your clock faces are so pretty and of course I drooling over your clock collection. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Audrey said...

Your mantel looks great and just the perfect subject for the new year.
Nicely done Jann.
Happy new year.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Kameel huise tussen spore said...

This post is an all time favourite of mine. Thanks for sharing
Lots of blessings.

Ky said...

Love how you decorated the mantle this year mom! its so cute and creative! I love coming home to a cozy and cute house!

Ein Dekoherzal in den Bergen said...

eine schöne IDEE...
ich habe auch noch einen alten RAHMEN im KELLER,,,,,
danke für de IDEE
liebe GRÜßE aus TIROL
bis bald die BIRGIT

Bernideen said...

I have a link on my blog posting TODAY to this - I will be doing YOUR IDEA for New year"s Jan! Of course - my version will be somewhat different but the idea was amazing!!!

jonesggn said...

Esc0rts Service near Agra Fort
Esc0rts Service in Bhiwadi
B00king of Call Girls
H0usewife Esc0rts in Dehradun
Esc0rts Serv1ce in Gurga0n
Russian Esc0rt Jaipur
f0reigner esc0rts in delhi
Sahara Mall Gurga0n Pr0stitution
S0x 1n Udaipur
S0ex Service In Indore

Instagram