Look What I Found at the ‘TOWN DUMP’!

Last week we were vacationing in Arizona.  Hubby, myself, and our daughter, Kylee took a trip up to the small towns of Carefree and Cave Creek.

We happened upon a store called the “Town Dump”.  It’s claim to fame was, “The Most Unusual Store in Arizona”. It even states on their web page that it is a “Wild and Crazy” store.

Yup, that would be hubby and I posing at the Dump.  Why is it when our kids ask us to do weird things like this we don’t even hesitate?  Now if I had asked hubby to pose behind this sign you bet there would’ve been a bit of moaning and groaning going on.  But no, both of us just hopped right on over and put on a smiley face.

 town dump

As we walked through the dump I thought, unusual is right.  One of the most unusual things they had was a taxidermy dancing circus bear, complete with a little tutu.  Did I mention that his paws were missing.  Weirdest thing I ever did see!

As we ventured out into the yard I had come to the conclusion that this store was just a little bit too unusual for my taste.

Then I spied a bottle tree.

I must admit, when I first saw bottle trees I wasn’t sure whether or not I liked them.

Here are a few small ones from the internet.

iron-decor_2202_25710504351MBoxBMl5L__SL500_AA300_

thumbnailthumbnailCAGRUSKS

Lately, they have kind of grown on me.

The thing I liked about this one was the leaves. It won’t hold large bottles, but worked perfect for my collection of small bottles.

2012-04-15 Bottle Tree

 IMG_6107

IMG_6106 - Copy

IMG_6105 - Copy

IMG_6108 - Copy

IMG_6104 - Copy

Can you tell it’s been raining here in UT?

What do you think about my new bottle tree?  I sure hope it’s as happy here as it was at the “Town Dump”!

Hugs,

Jann

p.s. I have a give away going on right now.  Check out my sidebar for details.

I will be sharing with:

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

 

16 comments

★Carol★ said...

I've always been kinda on the fence about bottle trees too, but I positively LOVE yours! It's nice and compact and the leaves really make it special. Yes, I love the bottle tree, but all I can think about is: What happened to that poor bear's paws?!

Peg said...

Oh my what a darling couple you make. Looks like you had so much fun.

Vee said...

Yes, I have noticed that we also do odd things because our grands request it. What's up with that? Anyway, you both look great wearing those happy grins.

I really like your bottle tree. I have wanted one for a dark corner of my garden for a few years now. One thing's certain, they don't require much care or water.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The "Town Dump" sounds like an unusual store, Mrs Olson. Your bottle tree is very pretty -- I like it's size and that it also has leaves. You bottle look very pretty on it

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Girl...you were here in AZ and you didn't tell me!
Did you go to tea in Cave Creek. The best tearoom in AZ is there.
I have been to the Town Dump...unique is the perfect word for it!

eileeninmd said...

The town dump sound s like a cool store. I love your bottle tree. Great pic's and post. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Good for you to purchase the bottle tree. Now you have a conversation piece in your garden. Looks like you had a grand time. V

Snap said...

The Town Dump looks very different! An adventure all on its own. I like your bottle tree. I've been thinking about one. Perhaps Santa will bring me one!

Shannon said...

Your picture is too cute! I would have said NO on the bottle tree....but seeing yours...it's so bright and colorful. It looks really nice Jann, I like it!

Stephanie said...

Now I really want a bottle tree too. It is so very cute.

Sandie said...

I love a bottle tree when they have red bottles on them! I have never seen one with leaves! I love it! ;)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

It is so funny that you are posting a picture of your bottle tree. I have been thinking about this myself, and not too sure about if I like one or not. I love your tree with the leaves! Now If I had leaves, I want one for sure. It frames the bottles into flowers!
Love the cut out pictures you and your husband took!
Blessings,
Susie

kjoy said...

Super fun! Glad you had a nice visit with your daughter.

Schotzy said...

Cool idea... very colorful!

Diane Writes said...

A unique and cute idea Jann! Perhaps you can also do it with dried tree branches.

Pondside said...

I've never seen a bottle tree, but I love yours. I imagine that it will be lovely when the sun hits the colourful bottles.

Instagram